Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten

It is true. Both of my girls started Kindergarten last Wednesday. My oldest and my youngest...all at once. I guess this is a glimpse of what it will be like when they graduate from high school because that will be an even bigger step and they both will leave at the same time. Anyway, they began with a half day last Wednesday to get a taste of "real" school. Here are the pictures we snapped that morning...















I picked them up at 11:30am. It was a good day. Although after just that half day I walked into Emmi's room and found this...




























Today was their first WHOLE day - that is 7:45am-2:30pm. I knew from the moment they got in the car that it was going to be a somewhat rough afternoon. There is no way I can let them nap that late in the afternoon, they wouldn't go to sleep before 11pm if I did...so I had to endure the fussyness and irritability that accompanied their exhaustion. The day took a toll on them and they probably could have gone to bed at 6:30pm. When I put them to bed at 7pm, they were both completely asleep within in 5 minutes. It will be interesting to see how they are doing come Friday!

All in all seem to be doing well. Ok, question, do any of you remember your lunch numbers? Seriously, if I even had a lunch number (you know i didn't eat cafeteria food) I know it was only like 4 or 5 digits. As I was reading one (of the many) notes that were sent home today it noted that I needed to review my child's lunch #/computer lab # with them daily at home -- also practicing typing it on a number keypad -- so that they would know it. Simple enough, right? WELL, when i turned the page and SAW the lunch number I gasped and laughed at the same time. Literally the number is 12239340 -- WHAT in the WORLD? I know my moma is dieing as she reads this because she doesn't clutter her head with numbers of any kind...I guess she wouldn't get to eat if she were in school these days :0) Emmi has part of her memorized, but she is working on it hard b/c her teacher has an incentive for those who know their numbers...they get to be at the front of the line. you mention food and my gals come running...and will memorize an insane number to be first in line!

No comments: