Friday, April 27, 2007

Emmi's 2 Year Check Up

Today I took Emmi to the doctor for her 2 yr. appointment. She is an tough little girl...very brave and fears very few things...and it totally showed today that the doctor. Normally over the past 18 months my girls are screaming while the doc is examining them, and I have to be one of the bad guys by holding their arms & legs. However, Emmi was a big surprise to even the doc today...she totally cooperated and didn't let out even a wimper during her exam. It probably helps that Dr. Walker is a woman - I'm thinking that makes Emmi more comfortable -- AND Dr. Walker was my pediatrician from about age 10 on (her father was my doctor before that)...so I think Emmi can sense that we are very comfortable with one another and enjoy much conversation before the actual exam part. PLUS, Dr. Anne has 3 adopted children of her own - so that gives us even more in common. ANYWAY, Emmi is in the 75% for height, 25% for weight and 90% for head circumference. She had to get one shot...and would you believe that she sat in my lap and let the nurse give the shot in her leg...and Emmi didn't even flinch! She was just staring at the nurse like "what are you doing?" The doctor & nurse could not believe how well she did. Dr. Anne said that MOST children do not cooperate like that until they are 3 years old. WOW. As soon as i get my dad's camera card, i will post pictures of her birthday party!

1 comment:

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Camille just had her 18 month appt. and this was the first doctor visit she hasn't screamed at. I have to bring her back in next week for shots and I am not looking forward to that. How amazing Emmi didn't react more...any tips?