Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Surprise Potty Success
On Monday when Emmi woke up in the morning, her diaper was completely dry...she had not tinkled since 7pm the night before...I was SHOCKED, but I immediately took her diaper off and sat her on the potty. Sure enough, she went pee pee in her little potty!! It was 6:30am, but I didn't care...I fixed her a bowl of ice cream complete with sprinkles! Since then she has had only 2 accidents AND she has even been perfect at preschool for 2 days now -- telling them when she needs to "pee in the potty." For those of you who have never had 2 children in diapers at the same time, let me just tell you it is an exhausting, never ending task. There is always a dirty diaper of some sort...and that isn't even mentioning the cost factor!! SO to have a child that has pretty much potty trained herself is a WONDERFUL thing!!! Chloe still isn't ready, and that is fine -- each child has to do it at their own pace -- but let me just tell you we are THRILLED that Emmi is wearing BIG GIRL PANTIES!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay for Emmi!! She's a big girl now and big girls won't dirty their pretty panties, right? Good Luck. I hope she continues to do well and maybe sissy is right behind.
Lucky for us Emmi has NEVER liked a wet or dirty diaper...and I think that is the secret to our success! No accidents at all today!!
What a big step! Congrats to all of you!
Post a Comment