Thursday, March 19, 2009

Chloe's Trip to the ER





Yes, it finally happened. I mean, it has been bound to happen since we brought her home. She plays HARD. Climbs EVERYTHING. Has NO FEAR (when it comes to heights & jumping). So on Sunday afternoon March 8, I heard a scream coming from the playroom. Please keep in mind that my girls are LOUD. They scream ALL the time. I don't even blink at screams. However, this scream was different. I knew something was wrong. As I headed back to the room, david was coming out w/ a screaming Chloe. from the front i only saw 1 drop of blood so i said "it's ok, we'll get you all fixed up" -- however i looked up and david said "NO it is NOT ok." he turned her around and i saw red. blood was gushing and it was covering her back. i had to search for the source of the blood...it was crazy. but once i found the wound there was no doubt that we needed to head to the ER.

she somehow (we aren't sure exactly what she was doing) fell and hit the corner of a metal bookshelf in the playroom.

long story short, our little chloe had to have 3 staples in her head to close the wound. BUT as you see in the last picture she left w/ a smile b/c she got a grape popsicle. thank you presby children's ER :0) i am happy to say that all is healing well, and Dr. Anne (our pediatrician) removed the staples yesterday.

pictures are compliments of david & his phone.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Good for Chloe... I would't have even let a grape popsicle bribe me into cooperation. Not then, and not now. ;)

alli said...

well...there wasn't really cooperation involved. :0) it was forced entry. ;) the popsicle only aided in stopping the tears AFTER it was all said & done. when asked if she was brave, chloe replied "no, i cried."

Anonymous said...

"No I cried" I love that response!