The girls started Pre-K4 at a new school near our house. It is a Christian school where they will go to Kindergarten next year and so on. This transition of K4 is perfect for them b/c it is 5 days a week from 8:30-12. They went one day last week and then spent the week with their aunt, uncle & cousins in maryland. So they started back up today for real. In the car after I picked them up I began asking questions and talking to them about their day. They are in separate classes so it is fun to hear them ask each other questions about their class. Chloe said "We have to do work first BEFORE we get to play. That is REALLY weird."
I had noticed when i picked them up last week that when the class is walking back from the playground each child has a buddy or a partner that they have to hold hands with in line. I also noticed in this formation that it was all mixed partners (boy & girl) so i figured that the partners were assigned. Emmi says in the car today "I don't like holding boys hands. When we walk up the hill he pulls my arm." My response was "So what did you do? Did you get a new partner?" and she answered "No, I just kept him." Chloe's term for the partner is her "boyfriend." it is quite humorous b/c she has no idea what she is saying -- to her, it is simply the boy, friend that she has to hold hands with. of which, by the way, his name is brandon barker. she doesn't know another persons name in her class, but she knows brandon barker.
my niece is in kindergarten at this same school. she has silent lunch, and is in the cafeteria at the same time as c & e. but we STILL cannot figure out if our girls have silent lunch? i asked emmi today, using many different terms (i.e. did you talk during lunch?, did you have to be quiet?) and she looked at me and said "you will just need to ask my teacher if i have silent lunch." so who knows?
i will say, this schedule has been MUCH better for ALL today. up & out the door early. home early for naps...and THEN chloe & emmi are THRILLED to see each other and have played together all afternoon w/ little to no fighting. i love pre-k4.
2 comments:
Yay for Pre-K! It's great to read about their reactions and responses--they are both total hoots! We need to see them soon. :)
Hey Alli, I can't believe your girls are in Pre-K already. What school are they going to?
I found your blog from Wendy. I am to see that you guys are doing well.
Post a Comment