Saturday, December 26, 2009

Santa, What were you thinking??? -- UPDATED




Dear Santa,

First, I do thank you for visiting our house and blessing my children. However, I would think that you had been in the business long enough to know that two of everything is needed. I realize that in theory, leaving four separate baby doll accessories (which included a stroller, bouncy seat, crib, & playmat) would be sufficient for two girls to share. Each girl couldn't possibly play with all four things at once. It makes sense in an adult world. But I'm writing to let you know it doesn't work in a preschool world. Not at all. Shouldn't you know that by now? Surely you've gotten letters from parents in the past with this same complaint? Let me confirm to you that it doesn't work. We've had more tears and fights than you could imagine over the stroller. Yes, if nothing else, you need to consider leaving TWO strollers when you encounter families with two girls in your future deliveries. Although, the crib has also caused some issue as well. My recommendation would be two of everything. No worries though, David & I will remedy the situation and go purchase another stroller. Hopefully that will even the playing ground and the tears and fights will cease. I have included some pictures so that you can fully understand and appreciate the seriousness of the situation.

Sincerely,
Allison

NOTE: This picture was taken around 5pm on Christmas day. Chloe had the stroller all morning & afternoon. So, yes, she did have to give it up, but she had more than her fair share of time with the stroller. Therefore, I have no guilt in taking these pictures.

**UPDATE**
I went and bought another baby doll stroller today. Of course, it was not exactly like the one santa brought. However, (much to my surprise) the girls decided and agreed that chloe was getting the new stroller and emmi would get the other. BUT THEN apparently chloe didn’t know how to work the straps on the new stroller (she most likely could have figured it out but she is lazy) — and instead of coming to ask me or david — she asked emmi to trade with her. Being a great little sister, emmi traded...AND figured out how to work the straps. SO therefore chloe wanted that stroller back. At this point, emmi came to involve us in the scenario. Given the story that was told to us (oddly enough both girls told the same story), we told chloe that she could not have the new stroller back. This led to a fit of all fits. Obviously, we can’t win with this stroller thing :0)

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I have laughed out loud and LOVED every minute of these Christmas accounts and your new photos! I cannot WAIT to see your girls, but I think I need to unwrap their gifts to make sure they are the same b/c although I'm certain they were similar, I am not positive they are the same, which might cause another problem. Uh oh! Love ya'll!