Friday, June 04, 2010

Explanations Needed

I will NEVER, EVER understand...

• I bought a set of 6 water toys for each girl (that is 12 toys total). Unfortunately ONE of the toys was faulty -- the blow-up floatie ring of Chloe's wasn't sealed in one area and so it was trash. Mind you there were 10 other toys besides the ONE good floatie ring. Do you know what I have done for the past two days at the pool? Of course you do. I have spent countless hours refereeing and negotiating the ONE good floatie ring. Yes, I *could* take it back to the Dollar Tree, however, they could never reimburse me for what that faulty floatie cost me. And yes, I *could* have stopped by the Dollar Tree this afternoon and picked up another. However, I had knee surgery last week and I had been on my feet all day PLUS getting in and out of the van is extremely difficult. Therefore, I didn't have it in me to make that pit stop. But, yes, before we go to the pool again, I will be purchasing another floatie ring. It just boggles my mind how there are 10 other toys all up for grabs and yet we spent our time crying over one floatie ring.

• My girls are busy. They are talkers. They ask a MILLION questions EACH per day. Emmi especially is all over me all day long. She wants to know what time it is (which means nothing b/c she can't tell time) or she wants to know how long until this? how long until that? and she asks me how long until...every 5 minutes until that time comes. My girls are ALWAYS saying "I'm hungry." If they aren't doing any of the things above, then they are fighting over something and running to me to referee. Even when playing outside, one of them is in & out of the door every 5 minutes, no lie. It is a non-stop, whirlwind all day long that is exhausting. HOWEVER, it is the strangest thing that after dinner each night about one hour before bedtime, they get along like two peas in a pod. they will go outside and disappear forever...well not really forever, but to the point where we have to go looking for them. Really. I go out looking for them b/c i haven't heard a peep  in more than 30 minutes. There are no fights. None. Nothing to referee. No questions are asked. This hour leaves my jaw on the ground each and every night. I don't get it. And the worst part is having to step in and stop this hour of bliss. But it has to be done. It has to be stopped, they have to go to bed b/c they will be up by 6am tomorrow morning ready for the next round of craziness.

1 comment:

wmcswain said...

Sweet, crazy life. Believe me, I know. Wish you could secretly record that hour that they get along. Hopefully they aren't spending that time planning out tomorrow's questions. :)