Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Birthdays...

First, I must say..."Happy Birthday Chloe!" She is seven years old today. Yes, seven. Hard to believe isn't it? Chloe was the first person in our family to ever have a birthday in December, and not just in December, but one week before Christmas. I quickly learned how hard Christmas birthdays are since we arrived home three weeks before her first birthday. I've had countless adults that have Christmas birthdays to tell me how awful it was as a child to have it all at once. We have made great efforts over the years to always celebrate Chloe, but admittedly it sneaks up on me just like Christmas does. And I also admit, sometimes the stress of making it all perfect overtakes the joy. In the past this has happened to me, but not this year, and not ever again.

As I got up early to begin the birthday festivities and bake and clean...I turned on my Christmas music and that is when it hit me, Chloe was born today! This is a season of celebration, and how more fitting to celebrate the miracle of my Chloe AND the miracle of my Savior. Not only has the Lord given me the privilege of knowing Him and celebrating the birth of Jesus...but He gave me another miracle. He gave me Chloe. She IS a miracle that I have living before me each and everyday, but so often I overlook this fact. I let the trials of everyday life cloud my view. But this morning, when "The First Noel" was playing, the Lord opened my eyes. I am MORE than blessed and I will always from here on look forward to the latter weeks of December in anticipation. My heart will get excited because I will be able to celebrate and praise the Lord for His kindness, for His miracles of Jesus & Chloe, and for opening my eyes to Him.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday Chloe! What a precious gift to share your birthday month with the greatest Gift ever!!

Hope today is extra special for you!!

Cassie said...

she is a gift...this post made me emotional because i am just so thankful that i have the blessing of knowing her and watching you and david love her!

Courtney said...

Happy Happy Birthday Chloe!! I sure do miss my buddy!