Monday, November 27, 2006

Emmi's First Haircut




Ok, so this mommy cannot stand stringy, unhealthy looking hair...Emmi's hair had definitely gotten to that point. I mean the child was born with a head full and it hasn't been trimmed in 19 months. I decided that I was going to cut it myself because there is NO WAY she would cooperate at a real beauty shop PLUS I am a "do it yourself" gal that likes to save money. Granted it took me 3 sessions to actually get the cut completed, but that is ok. Saturday night I sat her in the floor on a quilt and gave her the bowl of Christmas ornaments to play with. The ornaments that she has been forbidden to touch until that moment. She did really good for about 45 minutes...and thus our first session ended. It was tricky because she can't be still and I caught my finger in the scissors a few times instead of her hair! She did great today for the final session. She ate a crackers while I did the last touch up. It looks SO much better -- BUT she looks like a little girl and not a baby girl anymore. I also cut Chloe's...she is sleeping so when she wakes up, I will take pictures and write about her haircut.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

She looks like a little model! I want copies of these and the ones you take of Chloe for my fridge! I have some precious ones of her for you too, but they seem to be stuck on my camera:)

Ann said...

cutie patootie!! She's a doll and the haircut looks cute too.