still not a good thing.
I know, I know. It has been WAY too long since an update. There are many pictures and stories that I intend to update you with. We started 1st grade, set a world record (yep, for Guinness), lost more teeth, and created one-of-a-kind paintings. All of those things should come before this if I were staying in chronological order. However, I couldn't help but post this first. Probably because it JUST happened and I need an audience to hear me and show some compassion (or should I say laughs) in my direction.
So, back to my original thought. Yep, they are 6.5 years old and the sound of silence still screams "we are up to no good." This evening is D's day to work late. The gals finished homework and wanted to play outside. Normally, that doesn't take place at 5:30pm, but since D's not home and our normal routine is somewhat "out the window," I let them go play before baths.
I sat here on the couch reading emails and catching up on some blogs. It was silent. It was golden. I could hear the girls right out front. They were on the sidewalk playing. Not sure what, but they were having fun. My first clue should have been that they were diligent to come shut the front door. I did give it a thought, but then I said to myself, "They have finally learned that we like the door closed." THAT joke was on ME!
More than thirty minutes passed and not once was there an argument, not one disagreement, and not once did a child come in and tell me the other child was being mean. THAT should have been my second clue, but oblivious little me was still just enjoying the quiet. Around 6:10pm my phone rang which meant I actually had to get up off the couch. It was D. We were casually chatting and I told him I was getting ready to call them in to take baths. I started running the water in the tub then I went and opened the front door, NEVER expecting what I found. I'm so glad D was on the phone so he heard me, but I only wish someone could have been here to capture my face -- that picture would have been priceless.
I am in utter disbelief and I was saying, "WHAT ARE YA'LL DOING? D, you are NEVER going to believe this. WHAT in the WORLD?" On the other end of the phone I hear D say, "Go get the camera. You have to get the camera." The hilarious thing is that he still didn't even know what was going on, but he knows our gals well enough that he knew I needed the camera.
Are you ready?
Here is what I saw:
Please note that we have had beautiful weather with NO RAIN in over a week. When they went outside my front sidewalk was clean as could be...but Chloe & Emmi decided to make mud.
I took pictures and sent them straight to the bath. They are fresh and clean. Tummies are full and off to bed. You should see my bathroom.
Conversation I just overheard while they were eating a snack...
C: Mommy I tasted mud before.
E: is it nasty?
C: well, kind of.
C: tasted like some salt was in there, some ice cream (laughing), some pepper and some sand.
2 comments:
i love those girls...but it terrifies me to think what is in my future with oliver jack :)
You NEED to log on to Meck's online replay of this weekend's parenting message on Tuesday if you can! Listen to the first five minutes of Jim's message about whether or not you are ready to become a parent. It will make you feel SO good! Meanwhile, I'm sorry, I have officially laughed at your expense. LOVE THOSE GIRLS! ;)
Post a Comment