Well, we are in the single digits now in our count down to depart for Taiwan. As each day passes, a little more reality sets in. So much to do...and the time will be here soon! I am battling a cold or virus or something. All week now I have been running a low-grade fever with scratchy throat, and am now congested. I really could have done without being sick right now, but am trying to manage just the same. I think it would have been a lot worse if I hadn't started taking Airborne on Sunday...it at least has helped make the virus not as bad as it could have been.
With my Celiac Disease, I will not be able to eat anything in Taiwan...so that presents me with another challenge. Today I've got to plan my food that I am taking with me and start getting it all together. Obviously, it will all be non-perishables...so by the time I get home I will be ready for a home cooked meal!! I will survive off of nuts, canned fruit, Gluten-Free Crackers w/ GF Peanut butter, chocolate, and other stuff like that.
I picked up the package that my pediatrician put together for our journey. She gave us antibiotics, benedryl, tylenol, and some topical ointments for any rashes. She herself has 3 children that she adopted from Russia, so she has made a journey like this before. With the meds, she included dosage amounts for both Chloe & Emmi. They will visit the doctor for the first time about a week after we get home. That will be a fun (and interesting) trip!!
1 comment:
WOW---only 9 more days.....That is SOOOO exciting!!!
I can hardly wait to see pics of you in Taiwan with your 2 baby girls!!!
have fun packing!!
Leah
Post a Comment