Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, it didn't really seem like Thanksgiving (especially since they don't observe it here in Taiwan), but we celebrated just the same. We are so happy to have Chloe & Emmi and to be coming home tomorrow.

We went to Taipei 101 today. It is the tallest building in the world. Very neat to go to the top and look out on the city of Taipei. For dinner we went down to one of the restaurants in the hotel. I wasn't eating, but we all went together. When they ordered, David asked the waitress if there was any way we could get a baked potato. It took a while for her to understand, and she had to go talk to the cook...but a few minutes later out came a hot baked potato for me to have as my Thanksgiving dinner! It is the only warm meal I've had since last Friday, and it was a wonderful baked potato.

It is 10pm here. Emmi is running a fever of 102. We just gave her Tylenol and are hoping that the fever will come down. I also have an antibiotic that my pediatrician sent with me. I am going to start giving that to her also. We leave here tomorrow at midnight for a long journey back home.

1 comment:

The Burroughs said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you had a safe trip home with the girls. We have finally gotten Kai on a good schedule so that he is pretty much sleeping theough the night. Try not to push yourself too hard when you get back. You may be surprised how long it will take you to get over the jet lag and help the girls get in the right time zone too! Take care,
Connie and Adam