
This is a picture of us at the Embassy Suites in LA.
We just checked into the Caesar Park hotel. It is 12:30am.
The flight from LA to Taipei was supposed to leave at 3:30pm PST. We didn't start boarding until 3:45pm PST and there were at least 300 people on the flight. YOu can imagine how long it took us to board. We highly recommend EVA Evergreen Deluxe Class. It was very nice and roomy for the 14 hour flight.
After we took off, we all wanted to get some rest. We were in the 4 seats together in the middle. Moma & Ruth had the isle and David & I in the middle. I was lucky enough to be able to get in the floor and lay my head on the seat. Even though I moved around some, I got rest. By the time I woke up, we only had 6 hours left in the flight.
We landed, went through customs, and retreived our luggage. All arrived safely, but took a while. Then we exited and saw the man holding up the sign with my name on it. It was not the man I had emailed, but long story short...he arranged for this man to pick us up. This man spoke no english, but held up his cell phone and said "Allison" - the phone was for me. It was Nick, the guy that was supposed to pick us up. Very friendly and he spoke English well. This was a wonderful thing having someone to pick us up. He was in a nice Mercedes that was a smooth ride to our hotel. Nick is picking us up tomorrow to take us to the orphanage, and he is arranging to take us back to the airport on Friday in a van since we will have the babies and our luggage.
I am off to get some rest before we leave here at 9:20am to get Chloe & Emmi.
2 comments:
Yeah you made it!!! Glad everything has gone smoothly---love the pic! Very soon you will be with Chloe and Emmi!!! Yeah!!!
Leah
Allison:
Praying that you will have a wonderful "Gotcha Day" with your sweet little girls. Can't wait to see pics of you holding them!!
Hopefully, we won't be too far behind you guys!
Melissa
Post a Comment