



David & Chloe playing in Daan Park
Wow, I apologize that it has taken me so long to update the blog. I was having internet problems before we left the hotel and wasn't able to update on Friday like I wanted to.
Emmi's fever went down to 100 and I began the antibiotics my pediatrician gave me to take on the journey. She has stopped running a fever now and is sleeping much better. Chloe was also running a low grade fever, but hers could be due to teething. I am going to call my pediatrican on Monday morning. They have appointments on Dec. 5, but I'll see if she thinks they need to come in before then.
The journey home was a long one. Friday in Taiwan our flight didn't leave until midnight. We went to pick up Chloe & Emmi's visa on Friday morning and then visited Daan Park just a few blocks away. We have some neat family pictures from there that I will post. Then we checked out of our hotel at 3:00 and went to the Taipei Zoo. It was definitely an interesting zoo. Animals like you've never seen before. It also helped pass the time until we would go to the airport. We went back to the hotel and stayed in a small room adjacent to the lobby until 7:00pm when our van picked us up to take us to the airport. It was bad traffic and it took us an hour to get there. We were all exhausted and sleeping.
Thank goodness we had the bulk head seating and bassinets on the plane. We had lots of room to spread out. Emmi slept for the first 5 hours of the plane ride. Chloe on the other hand was pretty impossible to console. She was exhausted and she had some major stomach troubles that she was dealing along with teething, and just the long ride and being confined.
When we got to LA, it took us 2.5 hours to go through customs, claim our bags, re-check our bags and go to ticketing for our next flight. That flight was the red eye from LA to Charlotte. Emmi slept for the first half, and Chloe barely slept any. It was miserable. We were just glad to land in Charlotte at 6:00am Saturday morning.
Chloe was so delerious she did not even sleep much on Saturday or that night. We were all absolutely exhausted. Thank goodness she has been a consolable today and has been sleeping pretty well. She needs lots of sleep at this point. This is the same child who was sleeping 8-10 hours a night in Taiwan plus a nap. So when she does get up, it doesn't take long for her to be ready to sleep again.
I need a shower, but every time I turn around somebody needs a bottle or a diaper change! I've gotten some sleep today, and hopefully tonight will go much better and I can get a few hours in.
Audrey, David is going to renew his drivers license on Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment