Saturday, November 05, 2005

The World of Baby Clothes

Whew, I actually tackled the daunting task of baby clothes today...and have successfully packed all of their outfits & sleepers (except for the few that are in the dryer right now). According to the current weather in Taiwan, it is a bit warmer than I thought it would be. But I packed each outfit with a short sleeve & long sleeve option, and I have a little jacket for each of them just in case. Just a few more things and all of their stuff will be done. So far they are taking up all of one side of our suitcase and it has started overflowing to the other side. Of course this includes wipes, bottles, bibs, blankets etc. I am going to end up putting my clothes in my moms suitcase, and David is going to put his stuff in with the babies. We are only going to take 1 checked suitcase and then we will each have a carry on. My mom's suitcase is absolutely huge, so we are helping her fill it up...and believe me it won't be hard. 75 diapers take up quite a bit of space!!!

I have a friend, Connie, who is in Taiwan right now picking up her son. We both got our referrals on the same day and have endured this journey together. We were so wanting to travel together, but it just didn't work out. We will be leaving a week after she returns home. However, she also has a travel blog and we are getting a lot of helpful tips from her about the flight and other travel stuff. Her insight is going to prove very helpful since our journey will include 2 infants.

Well, I am off to write some thank-you notes. Have to stay on top of that task before it gets out of hand...

1 comment:

amazing grace said...

I am so glad you have a blog setup! I will look forward to following along on your journey!

Leah
waiting for Gracen